Re: [PARPORT] HP SureStore Plus

grant@torque.net
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 21:53:11 -0500 (EST)

> I have a HP SureStore Plus 7200 Series CD-RW drive with a parallel
> interface, I've checked the paride pages and they listed this as one of
> the supported cdr drives but i've tried to get it working to no avail.
>
> I've tried loading the driver as a module and built into the kernel.
> This is the response i get when the driver tries to load:
>
> paride: epat registered as protocol 0
> pg: pg version 1.02s, major 97
> pg0: Autoprobe failed
> pg: No ATAPI device detected

The documentation recommends that when you have a problem you should
try loading pg with the option "verbose=1" and include the output of
'dmesg' in your report. That really does help me to understand what
might be going wrong for you.

> I'm running kernel 2.0.36 on RH5.0
> Paraport is set to EPP mode with only the drive hoocked to it at the
> moment.

But, do you have the lp driver in your kernel (either built in or
loaded as a module ?) In 2.0 kernels, there can be only one parallel port
driver in the kernel at any point.