[PARPORT] Re: Backpack Bantam, Contura 410CX & RH5.2

grant@torque.net
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 09:06:12 -0500 (EST)

> Red Hat put out modified boot images to fix this problem just a few days
> ago, but my system can't use the boot diskette produced from this set.

This is not really a PARIDE issue anymore, but I would like to get to the
bottom of this situation where you can boot from _factory_ diskettes
but not from floppies you make yourself. If you take the factory
floppy and dd it off to a file and back to a new floppy, does that disk
boot ?

At least the way you've described things, this can be nothing other than
a problem with your floppy drive :-(

Try the sequence above, and then read the new floppy back in to a second
image file. Use cksum on the two files - do you get the same results ?