Re: [PARPORT] Zip 250 under Linux 2.2

Neil Zanella (nzanella@cs.mun.ca)
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 22:32:01 -0330 (NST)

Well, you cannot print at the same time under 2.0.36.

The same is true for other Zip drives.

A new driver is under development which should be working (maybe even

right now) with kernel 2.2.0 . Kernel 2.2.0's code has apparently been

restructured to allow for printing and using Zip drives at the same time.

All we need is to wait for the developers to exploit these new features

of the kernel and incorporate them into the imm module.