[PARPORT] SCSI-1 emulation?

kroh (kroh@wt.net)
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 01:40:51 -0600 (EST)

Just a thought (as I sit here trying to figure out how to make this dang
zip drive work w/o a scsi card... ;) ) ...

Disclaimer: I really don't know much about the parallel port! I was very
proud to have made my own null parallel cable!

There are 25 pins on a scsi-1 connector... there are 25 pins on the
parallel port... I know that "spp" has no means of reading input (except
those 5 response pins), but what about other modes?

Is it possible to emulate a scsi controller on the parallel port?

Just a thought,

Michael Kroh
kroh@wt.net