Re: [PARPORT] Re: keeping up appearances

Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:53:44 +0000 (GMT)

> The idea of disabling irqs was simply so that if the currently active driver
> was a polling-mode one, we wouldn't get a flood of useless interrupts.

Unfortunately for a shared IRQ thats not an option. You may well stop needless
interrupts off the card (but you should be disabling the irq on the card)
but you will also turn off stuff like the scsi controller which may be
upsetting to the end user