[PARPORT] patch-2.2.2-tmw4

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 17:04:47 +0000 (GMT)

Hi guys,

The new changes are at the top of the list. The Config.in stuff is quite
ugly -- can anyone see a cleaner way of figuring out if
CONFIG_PARPORT_OTHER should be asked during configuration? The only
alternative I can see is just always having it there, which could lead to
confusion.

David, the parport_find_xxx functions we talked about are in there now.
Do they look okay to you?

<URL:ftp://ftp.torque.net/pub/parport/patch-2.2.2-tmw4.gz>
<URL:http://www.cyberelk.demon.co.uk/pub/parport/patch-2.2.2-tmw4.gz>

Changes between 2.2.2 and 2.2.2-tmw4:

 o parport_find_class, parport_find_device (me). [NEW]
 o drivers/misc/Config.in (me). [NEW]
 o Documentation updates (me). [NEW]
 o Atari lowlevel driver (Andreas).
 o parport_pc DMA support (Bert).
 o parport_pc detection re-work (Carlos, me).
 o __init stuff (me).
 o lp hacked to its bare bones (mostly Andrea).
 o IRQ stuff (Phil, Joerg, Andrea).
 o IEEE1284 transfer modes.
 o IEEE1284.3 daisy-chaining (absorbs parport_probe).
 o Amiga lowlevel driver (Joerg).
 o MFC3 lowlevel driver (Joerg).
 o Implicit parport_release on unregister (Thomas).
 o Support for some PCI parallel port cards.
 o Blocking read from printer device.
 o Loading parport modules with invalid parameters now fails (me).
 o lp searches by number, not name (me).
 o lp checks for registration failure (me).