Re: [PARPORT] Please help me with this !

grant@torque.net
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 06:49:59 -0500 (EST)

> I have one parallel port IDE/ATAPI combo external box which uses
> OneSpec 90c26 chip. But when I insert module 'pd' as instructed,
> I got error message like:
> No valid partion found.

Please. Don't make up the messages. Load pd with

        insmod pd verbose=1

and use 'dmesg' to capture the kernel log messages produced and
send them to us.

> Mine is Redhat Linux 5.1.

Ok, so you must have upgraded the kernel, or installed some patches.
Exactly what version of the Linux kernel are you using, and what versions
of the PARIDE modules ?

There were some problems with the 90c26 - the E rev chip in particular -
about six months ago. They are fixed in 2.0.37 (which hasn't quite
appeared) and in the 2.2 kernels.