[PARPORT] Kernel 2.2.3 and printer problems

Kjetil Eide (kjetilei@usa.net)
19 Mar 1999 22:44:43 +0100

I'm not able to print anything after I upgraded from kernel v2.0.36
(Redhat 5.2 distribution) to v2.2.3. "lptest >/dev/lp0" gives no error
and nothing gets printed. When I print using lpr nothing gets printed
and lpc status returns:

# lpc status
lp:
        queuing is enabled
        printing is enabled
        1 entry in spool area
        lp is ready and printing

I get the following messages when booting the new kernel:
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [SPP]
lp0: using parport0 (polling)

/proc/parport/0/hardware:
base: 0x378
irq: none
dma: none
modes: SPP

/proc/parport/0/devices:
 lp

/proc/parport/0/devices/irq:
none

I would be grateful if anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong.