[PARPORT] patch-2.2.3-tmw9

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 12:01:02 +0000 (GMT)

Hi guys,

A mostly-fix for the signals problem I mentioned earlier has made its way
into 2.2.3-tmw9. I have no longer get the printer driver to crash, which
is nice. I'm fairly sure that there is a hang lurking in there somewhere,
still.

What I've done to cope with signals is to set "abort" in the new task_data
struct to 1, and use the running count in task_data as the number of bytes
that have been transferred. The idea is that the low-level driver makes
sure that task_data.count is always correct when task_data.abort is set.

However, I haven't yet convinced myself that it's possible to do that, so
there may be off-by-one errors when signals happen. :-(

<URL:http://www.cyberelk.demon.co.uk/parport/patch-2.2.3-tmw9.gz>

Changes between 2.2.3-tmw6 and 2.2.3-tmw9:

 o Detect ports that don't latch data (me).
 o Handle signals a little bit. Still need to look at better locking
   (me).
 o Printing works again now, at least for me.
 o memset "unresolved symbol" thing avoided (me).
 o Fixed some places that were using port->flags when they should have
   been using port->physport->flags (me).
 o Fix broken logic in parport_open (Phil).
 o Better error checking in IEEE 1284.3 code (Phil).
 o Debugging messages now include the port name (Phil).
 o More DeviceID hackery and work-arounds (me).
 o Daisy chain analysis happens later (Phil).