[PARPORT] Backpack PD/CD

CompWiz (compwiz@bigfoot.com)
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 18:57:43 -0500 (EST)

I'm trying to use my backpack PD/CD drive with Linux 2.2.3.. I compiled
all the necessary parts into the kernel (not as modules, as builtins..) At
bootup, it seems to detect my backup OK because it gives me this message:

paride: bpck registered as protocol 0

However, when I try to do a 'mount /dev/pcd0 /mnt/cdrom', it gives me the
following message:

mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/pcd0 as a block device
       (maybe `insmod driver'?)

Ari Pollak - CompWiz