[PARPORT] // port cards

Soulier, Frederic (Frederic.P.Soulier@british-airways.com)
20 Apr 1999 10:10:25 Z

Hi Tim,

I have just seen that the patch-2.2.6-tmw2 is out... which
includes support for all SIIG PCI // port cards and Lava PCI
// port cards.
I am sort of interested in that because Windows NT4 does not
support pass-thru cable and therefore does not see my printer
(note: the ezflyer works fine). Basically the idea is to get
a // port card with at least 2 // ports and to have the Ezflyer
and the printer on 2 different // ports. That should do the
trick for NT4 and Linux will cope with that fine.

I have never heard about the SIIG PCI cards or the Lava cards
do you know any companies which sell them in the UK?
If these cards would not be appropriate for what I want to do
what would be an alternative solution?

Ta.

Ciao
Fred