[PARPORT] 2.0.36 printer works, but 2.2.6 no worky

Jason C. Axley (jason@axley.net)
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 07:00:37 -0700 (PDT)

I have an old 486 off-brand motherboard that I'm using as a print server.
I recently upgraded to 2.2.6 from 2.0.36 and linux can no longer see the
printer (well, it sort of half sees it). lpd complains that the printer
is not ready (offline?) and if you cat /dev/lp0, you get an I/O error
message. This works just fine in 2.0.36. Any idea why this isn't working
anymore and how I can fix it? I saw a 2.2.4 patch on the website for
printer latching problems, but it doesn't work against 2.2.6 so I couldn't
try it.

Thanks!

-Jason

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
        - Hanlon's Razor