Re: [PARPORT] 2.0.36 printer works, but 2.2.6 no worky

Juha Sahakangas (juhaz@dlc.fi)
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 19:49:51 +0300 (EEST)

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Jason C. Axley wrote:

> I recently upgraded to 2.2.6 from 2.0.36 and linux can no longer see the
> printer (well, it sort of half sees it). lpd complains that the printer
> is not ready (offline?) and if you cat /dev/lp0, you get an I/O error
> message. This works just fine in 2.0.36. Any idea why this isn't working
> anymore and how I can fix it? I saw a 2.2.4 patch on the website for
> printer latching problems, but it doesn't work against 2.2.6 so I couldn't
> try it.

I have the same problem on the computer at school, in the home, it
works... and it's not a printcap one (i've tried both lp0 and lp1 on the
printcap).

If i echo text directly to the port, it doesn't do anything, if i try to
print with printcap / lpr, it complains something i can't remember right
now.