RE: [PARPORT] Printer works in 2.0.36 but no in 2.2.x

Juha Sahakangas (juhaz@dlc.fi)
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 18:18:02 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Tim Waugh wrote:

> I would appreciate it if you can find time to apply patch-2.2.6-tmw7
> (ftp.torque.net) and let me know if you can get it to print. Remember to
> try with and without interrupts. If you compile parport_pc as a module,
> you'll also be able to recompile with and without FIFO support.

So, i'm now using 2.2.7-twm1 and this is there are the results in dmesg:

Polling-mode with FIFO:

0x378: FIFO is 16 bytes
0x378: writeIntrThreshold is 8
0x378: readIntrThreshold is 8
0x378: PWord is 8 bits
0x378: Interrupts are ISA-Pulses
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 (0x778) [SPP,ECP,ECPPS2]
parport0: irq 7 detected
lp0: using parport0 (polling).
(in this slot i try to print something with lpr)
lp0 out of paper

Interrupts-driven with FIFO:

0x378: FIFO is 16 bytes
0x378: writeIntrThreshold is 8
0x378: readIntrThreshold is 8
0x378: PWord is 8 bits
0x378: Interrupts are ISA-Pulses
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 (0x778), irq 7, dma 3, using FIFO
[SPP,ECP,ECPPS2]
lp0: using parport0 (interrupt-driven).
(and print)

Um, now it actually prints something, but certainly not what i "asked" it
to print, but first one blank page (this may be wrong settin in printcap)
some strange high-ascii characters. I printed "testi" and the output was
ë(this is small e with two dots on top it if you have different
charset)E(black box here)9u