[PARPORT] generic low-level driver

Luigi Semenzato (luigi@vmware.com)
Thu, 06 May 1999 23:09:26 -0600

Howdy folks,

I am trying to locate a generic bidirectional parallel port
driver for Linux, or the closest thing to it. I mean
something similar to lp(4), with the addition of read() and
possibly access to other low-level features in the hardware.

I have searched various places, including the archives of
this list. I found lots of peripheral-specific drivers but
not quite what I have described.

To clarify, the driver I am looking for should be suitable
for writing user-level programs to access a variety of
devices that connect to the parallel port.

It goes without saying that any information would be most
appreciated. Thanks ---Luigi