Re: [PARPORT] Boot Disk to run RH5.1

grant@torque.net
Wed, 12 May 1999 06:52:41 -0400 (EDT)

> HI can anyone help
> I'm after a boot disk for my laptop to install linux RedHat 5.1
> I'm just a lowly student and can't afford mutch not even a copy of 5.2
> So please let me know where I can download an image file from

Since you posted this to the parport mailing list, I'd assume that you
are looking to install from a parallel port device - is that so ?

Otherwise, a lot of the RedHat mirrors should still have 5.1 around -
including the boot disks. (I can't say that I would recommend 5.1,
however.)

If you do need to install from a parallel port device, you'd be better
off to go to RedHat 5.2 - and use the boot disk from my ftp area.