[PARPORT] Problem with Kingston Compact FC Reader and backpack fdc

support (support@optronic.ch)
Wed, 12 May 1999 17:16:49 +0200

Hello!

I want to connect a Kingston compact flash card reader
and a backback diskette drive to my new linux system.
I use a V2.2.5 kernel and it seems not to work.
Has anyone some experiences with this two parallel port
devices?
The kingston cf card reader is based on a Shuttle EPAT.
It is possible to map a compact flash disk after it is
initialized on a Win95 system with the Kingston software.
The backpack drive does not work at all but the backpack
protokoll seems to work.

Thanks!
Stephan Brauss