Re: [PARPORT] parport-doc: are get_fifo_residue and change_mode even needed?

Philip Blundell (philb@gnu.org)
Fri, 14 May 1999 21:33:26 +0100

>parport_frob_control(...INTEN) can do the same job. But I wonder if
>that's the right way to go, or whether to say that the 'control' register
>consists of bits that directly control lines.

The latter, very definitely. Overloading the `control' register too much just
adds pain for people implementing non-PC ports. Keep it for bits that
actually drive signals directly.

p.