[PARPORT] LP does not load parport_pc

Andy Tomlin (atomlin@flash.net)
Tue, 25 May 1999 07:03:29 -0700

I am running Linux 2.2.5 with kmod enabled. If I try and print something
the lp module and the parport module get autoloaded by the kernel.
However the lowlevel driver parport_pc does not get loaded. If I
manually insmod parport_pc then everything works ok and the printer
comes to life. What do I do to get kmod to load parport_pc?

My /etc/conf.modules is as follows:
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
options parport_pc io=0x378 irq=7, auto

Please excuse me if this is a basic question as I am new to linux.
Thanks Andy