Re: [PARPORT] Need help with IOMEGA Parallel Port Zip drive

grant@torque.net
Tue, 25 May 1999 14:50:36 -0400 (EDT)

> I am trying to get my parallel port 100 meg Zip drive working.
>
> I have configured everything as every piece of documentation I can find.
>
> SCSI support = y
> SCSI disk suppory = y
> Low level SCSI = IOMEGA parallel port zip drive SCSI support = M
> Character devices - parallel port = Y

No No No ... Don't include parallel printer support in the kernel in 2.0.
(You can do that in 2.2, but not 2.0.) Make lp a module, too.

> Do all of the makes for 2.0.36 kernel and install kernel file.
> In /etc/rc.local file - /sbin/insmod ppa & /sbin/insmod lp

Only insmod _one_ of the two drivers, depending on the one you need.