Re: [PARPORT] DEC Alpha troubles again (2.2.5, SyQuest ezflyer)

Jonathan Sturges (jonathan@sprintmail.com)
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 22:24:32 -0400

Grant/Tim,
Good news! I got my SyQuest drive working with the Intek21 card. It was
just
that I wasn't specifying the proper IO address and IRQ, because I forgot I
could
get that info from /proc.
Now the bad news. The Intek21 card seems to initialize
in SPP mode by default; so it is working for me, but I guess performance
won't
be what it could.
What's bizarre is that the first time I tried it, parport reported
'SPP,PS/2', but after
unloading all modules and trying again, it only came up as straight SPP. No
matter
to me, really, I'm just happy it works.
I suppose with some tweaking it probably won't take much to coax it into EPP
mode.

BTW, I'm still using the stock RH6.0 2.2.5 kernel.

Tim, /proc/pci info is below.... the port itself is on 0x9000... so 0x9800
is for control?

thanks,
Jonathan