[PARPORT] Thanks Tim, but I'm still in trouble...

Gabriel Dupuis (gdupuis@rocler.qc.ca)
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 19:10:44 -0400

Ah,
This time I think that I'm going to cry like a little baby...
I tryed 'insmod pd drive0=0x3bc' but I still got the same message :

kernel: pd: pd version 1.04s, major 45, cluster 64,
kernel: pda: Adapter not found
kernel: pd: no valid drive found
/lib/modules/2.0.36/misc/pd.o: init_module: Device or resource busy

For those who don`t what the hell I am talking about maybe you should
read my previous post with the title : "I can`t get my Shark Drive to
work with Redhat 5.2"

Maybe it is because my printer (an Epson Stylus 600) is connected on the
same parallel port, anyway I`ve deleted the printer entry in the printer
manager of the Redhat Control Panel and still it doesn't works...

God are you listening ?

PS: My kernel is 2.0.36 which is recompiled with paride support as a
module.