[PARPORT] Question:

Jim Conner (jconner@enterit.com)
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 16:02:02 -0400

According to www.torque.net/parport/paride.html this is the place I can
post questions regarding paride issues. If this is not the appropriate
mailing list to post these kinds of questions to I apologize for the
intrusion and ask if someone could kindly tell me where I could get the
information I am requesting.

I am running Linux RH 6.0 kernel rev 2.2.10. I recompiled the kernel today
with paride as a builtin module to the kernel. Here is my problem:

I am trying to get the avatar shark 250 to work. After the reboot (once
the kernel is installed and such) I get the following message at boot time
(read from dmesg):

Partition check:
request_module[parport_lowlevel]: Root fs not mounted
request_module[parport_lowlevel]: Root fs not mounted
request_module[parport_lowlevel]: Root fs not mounted
request_module[parport_lowlevel]: Root fs not mounted
request_module[parport_lowlevel]: Root fs not mounted
request_module[parport_lowlevel]: Root fs not mounted
pda: Autoprobe failed
pd: no valid drive found
 hda: hda1 hda2 < hda5 hda6 >
 hdb: hdb1 hdb2 hdb3 hdb4
 hdc: hdc1 hdc2 < hdc5 hdc6 hdc7 >

It then goes on to mount the fs's. I have looked in several places to get
the kernel to mount the drives BEFORE checking for parides but have been
unsuccessful in doing so. Any ideas?

Jim