Re: [PARPORT] Problems

Rodney Myrvaagnes (rodneym@ibm.net)
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 12:01:56 -0400

When I write to the 7200e in W95, at the end of the session
it asks if I want to close the disk permanently and make it
readable as a CDROM. If I want to be able to write to it
again, it is left with a file system (vfat?) that can be
reopened for writing but is only readable on the cd writer.
Maybe your process left it open to further writing.

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 08:58:45 -0400 (EDT), grant@torque.net
wrote:

>> pg0: epat 1.01, Shuttle EPAT chip c6 at 0x378, mode 5 (EPP-32), delay 1
>> pg0: HP CD-Writer+ 7200, slave
>>
>> Then, I issued the commands:
>> mkisofs -a -b bootdsks.144/.eltorito/eltorito.img -l -r -v -c
>> bootdsks.144/.eltorito/eltorito.boot -o /root/slackware-4.0.iso mnt/
>>
>> with success. mkisofs generated a 398MB file.
>>
>> then, I issued:
>> cdrecord -v speed=2 -dev=0,4 slackware-4.0.iso
>>
>> It wrote 398MB to the CD-R.
>>
>> But when I tried to mount the CD, Linux didn't recognize the file system
>> type, and couldn't boot from it.
>>
>> What's wrong?
>
>While it is possible that there is a parport related problem here, there's
>no clue in this posting. I think you'd be better off talking to the
>cdwrite mailing list. This seems to be a problem with cdrecord.

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a
Associate Editor Electronic Products
20+ years without a car, a TV, or a website