Re: [PARPORT] Error using HP 5GB drive

J. Scott Berg (jsberg@earthlink.net)
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 23:07:28 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, John Lange wrote:

> pt0: Sense key: 3, ASC: 15, ASQ: 2

FWIW, this indicates a hardware or medium error. Does this same thing
happen with a different tape (try one right out of the wrapper)?

> Playing around with it some more, I issued a few commands, all of wich fail
> at some point. Here is the rest of the messages from dmesg:
> pt0: Unimplemented ioctl 0x801c6d02

This shouldn't happen; that number looks like nonesense to me, unless
I'm missing something. Do you have a notion of what command you
issued when you got this?

BTW, what kernel are you running?

As for your question about ftape, it has nothing to do with your tape
drive (I think it was originally for tape drives working off of the
floppy controller, although I'm not sure that this is still
exclusively true).

--
J. Scott Berg                      jsberg@earthlink.net
3025 E. Amy Ln.                    (812) 339-8368