Re: [PARPORT] ORBS doesn't work

Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 14:00:28 +0100 (BST)

> (1) I have not observed a significant decrease in the amount of actual
> spam making it to the lists.

Ok

> (2) Far too many major ISPs are in the ORBS database. Several of my
> paying customers are complaining that legitimate mail is being
> refused.

FYI:
You are not supposed to inflict orbs as a filter on customers. They even
ask this. The normal orbs setup is to write an X-RBL: ORBS type header
to the mail so anyone can sort by it if they wish.

The linux-* lists at vger have their own spam filtering people, databases
and folks watching/killing stuff ? Is there a reason for not moving the list
there.

And now back to parport stuff ...