Re: [PARPORT] Backpack CDrom (fwd)

Charles Scott (cscott@gaslightmedia.com)
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 13:34:54 -0400 (EDT)

It appears that I didn't submit this correctly and it ended up attached to
the wrong thread. Sorry, here is is again. - Chuck

Grant:
  I was wondering if the other gentleman with a BackPack Bantam CDROM
drive ever got back to you with his problem of the drive not being able to
be detected. I have what seems to be the same problem with one (model
181150).
  I've tried the parallel port in both enhanced and standard mode and have
verified that the drive works under DOS.
  Doing the following...

        insmod parport
        insmod parport_pc
        insmod paride
        insmod bpck
        insmod pcd verbose=1

  I get the following in dmesg...

paride: version 1.04 installed
paride: bpck registered as protocol 0
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [SPP,PS2]
paride: version 1.04 installed
paride: bpck registered as protocol 0
pcd: pcd version 1.07, major 46, nice 0
pcd0: 0x378 is parport0
pcd0: Autoprobe failed
pcd: No CD-ROM drive found

  and this at the console.

/lib/modules/2.2.5-15/misc/pcd.o: init_module: Device or resource busy

  FYI, the computer is a Toshiba Libretto 110CT. I think I've tried it
every which way. Any thoughts?

Chuck Scott
cscott@gaslightmedia.com