[PARPORT] how fast is a parallel port really?

Heather (star@betelgeuse.starshine.org)
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 12:21:29 -0700 (PDT)

 Someone recently asked me how fast PLIP is compared to an ethernet
 cross-connect. Since I'm aware by my lurking that parallel ports now
 have different styles (flavors? settings?) - ECP, etc. - and with modern
 drivers (thanks!) it occurs to me that I really don't know.

 In the old days I would have been fairly sure that ethernet was faster
 by a good margin. Anybody have more than subjective thoughts?

Heather Stern . | . starshine.org * Starshine Technical Services
  star at: --->*<--- lasfs.org * Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society
               ' | ` Filking Committee, Loscon 26