Re: [PARPORT] how fast is a parallel port really?

Karl-Max Wagner (karlmax@oberland.net)
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:42:59 +0000 (GMT)

> Someone recently asked me how fast PLIP is compared to an ethernet
> cross-connect. Since I'm aware by my lurking that parallel ports now
> have different styles (flavors? settings?) - ECP, etc. - and with modern
> drivers (thanks!) it occurs to me that I really don't know.

Is there already a PLIP implementation making use of these
drivers ? Anybody having any info on that ?

"It was hell. They knew it. Karl-Max Wagner
  But they called it karlmax@oberland.net
    W-I-N-D-O-Z-E" ham radio: DB8CO
"Et ceterum censeo ut Microsoftem delendum esse" (Cicero,
adapted)
    *********Member of No Code International*********