Re: [PARPORT] Internal versions

grant@torque.net
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:11:06 -0400 (EDT)

> I realize this may be off topic, but in all the posts here relating to
> Iomega Zip drives and Imation LS-120's, I have never seen any
> information about problems (or more specifically, lack of problems) with
> the EIDE interface, internally mounted versions of these devices.

That's because this is the _parport_ list.

> Do similar problems exist, or is this a case of "...and I'll make it
> work no matter how much time and effort it takes!"?

Most of the problems discussed here have to do with the parallel port
communication. The drives themselves conform to the standard ATAPI or SCSI
specifications, but the parallel port adapters are proprietary devices
that do not conform to any standards, and are often badly documented.

The ATAPI ZIP and LS-120 drives have been supported by the ide-floppy
driver for a long time. (They are really the only devices that use
that driver :-) ).