Re: [PARPORT] Parallel port programming help

Jason Fritz (J.Fritz@ericsson.com)
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 18:41:32 -0700

At 02:29 PM 11/18/99 +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:
>On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Jason Fritz wrote:
>
>> I was hoping to use ioctl() to set LPCAREFUL to false, since the lp.h
>> header file seemed to indicate this might fix the problem. However, the
>> header file also said that this command is obsolete. It appears that it is
>> always TRUE now, from what I can tell from the port status.
>
>Yes. If you are in a position to try out kernel patches, you might want
>to try this one. Once I get it confirmed that it actually helps people
>I'll send it to Alan (unless anyone has objections?).
>
>Tim.
>*/

Hi Tim,

Unfortunately, the patch you gave did not solve my problem. My application
still freezes when it tries to write a byte to the port. Do you have any
other suggestions?

Thanks a lot for the help,
Jason