[PARPORT] Micro-solutions backpack latest driver module problem

Harondel J. Sibble (hjsibble@hotmail.com)
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 16:40:23 PST

This is a resend, sorry if you guys it twice, its been half the day and I
haven't seen this message come back to me.

Okay, recently attempted to use the backpack drivers that implement the full
functionality of the Windows drivers on Caldera Openlinux 2.3 (kernel
2.2.10) and ran into some problems. Basically I am unable to get the modules
to load at all (I tried both version) when I do an "insmod -f modulename" I
get the usual kernel version mismatch. Can anyone suggest ways to get around
this? I really NEED to get my Backpack Bantam working with this laptop,
ostensibly to upgrade the kernel...

TIA

***** PLEASE REPLY TO help@pdscc.com AND NOT THIS HOTMAIL ADDRESS, TKS *****

Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting
http://www.pdscc.com help@pdscc.com (pgp enabled)
604-739-3709 (voice/fax) 604-686-2253 (pager)