Re: [PARPORT] HP External CD-Writer probs

Rainer (rainer@teleport.com)
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 11:43:23 -0800

Pedro Fradique da Silva wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm trying to burn a cd to an HP 7500e.(external through paralel port)
> I do:
> modprobe parport
> moprobe epat
> modprobe pg
> then check lsmod and the modules are loaded and using one another.
> I can even do 'mount /dev/pcd0 /mnt/tmp' and it works fine.
> I do a 'cdrecord -scanbus' and it gives me a list with the cdwriter on
> it as SCSI id 0 on Bus 0(I have no other SCSI stuff)
> Then, I make an image to write to the cd using 'mkisofs -r -o image
> pedro/'
> Check it with 'mount -t iso9660 -o ro,loop=/dev/loop0 image /mnt/tmp'
> I finally use 'cdrecord dev=0,0 -data image' to burn the cd.
> But it doesn't work.:(
> I'm including a file(prob.txt) with the output, maybe someone can help
> me out.
> Thanks a lot in advance,
> Pedro.

I have the same CD writer and got it to work eventually. I use the same
setup steps that you list above. For some unknown reason I had to get
the most recent version form Joerg Schilling's site: 1.8a31. Earlier
versions like 1.8a29 (included in RedHat 6.1) didn't work.

Rainer.