Re: [PARPORT] Parport programming again

Philip Blundell (Philip.Blundell@pobox.com)
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 19:40:40 +0000

>I am totally willing to rewrite the software to use a different library to
>control the port, if such a thing exists. I wonder how all you driver

Well, if all else fails you can use raw I/O operations (inb, outb and so on)
on the port. This is how all programs had to work with kernels older than 2.2.
A better solution, though possibly more complex, is to use the `ppdev' device
driver. Unfortunately there is not a lot of documentation for it but you
could start by reading the source. It's included in 2.3 kernels and I think a
patch for 2.2 is available.

p.