Re: [PARPORT] CONNECTING VIA PARPORT

Wayne Hortensius (hortensw@cadvision.com)
Wed, 01 Dec 1999 16:09:42 -0700

At 02:34 PM 01/12/99 +0100, you wrote:
>I´d like to connect two PC´s via PARPORT and I´m a little bit confused
>about the cable I should use.Mi idea is to use the ECP mode to use the
>bidirectional properties of its DATA lines,so I think the DATA pins of
>the two PC´s PARPORTS should be interconnected,but I don´t exactlly
>know if it´s right or wrong.Can anyone tell me where I can find the
>information to prepare this conexion?

I have a mode 1 plip module working, but it's pre-parport (I'm still back
on a 2.0.36 kernel). Throughput isn't anywhere near EPP/ECP transfer speed,
but it's still better than mode 0; anywhere from 55-110KB. If this is of
any help, or if anyone wants to take this and use it as a basis for a
parport'able mode 1 plip, just give me a shout.

Regards,
Wayne Hortensius