[PARPORT] Backpack Bantam CDROM--RedHat 6.1

Bryan Quick (BQuick@navix.net)
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 09:22:12 -0600

Trying to get my microsolutions Backpack Bantam CDROM drive to work on my IBM
ThinkPad 365X.
In win98 it says it is at 0x3bc, drive 0, device 0.
I compiled a kernel and included the parallel drivers as modules and as part of
the kernel. No luck:

-as part of kernel, it says
paride: bpck registered as protocol 0
pd: pd version 1.05, major 45, cluster 64, nice 0
pcd: pcd version 1.07, major 46, nice 0
request_module[parport_lowlevel]: Root fs not mounted
request_module[parport_lowlevel]: Root fs not mounted
request_module[parport_lowlevel]: Root fs not mounted
request_module[parport_lowlevel]: Root fs not mounted
request_module[parport_lowlevel]: Root fs not mounted
request_module[parport_lowlevel]: Root fs not mounted
pcd0: Autoprobe failed
pcd: No CD-ROM drive found

-as modules, after insmod paride, and when I try insmod pcd, it says
/lib/modules/2.2.12-20/misc/pc.d.o: init_module: Device or resourse busy

I have tried all sorts of extra additional options appended to the insmod pcd.
Y no ha funcionado nada, se me acaba el pelo.

I must be doing something wrong...???

---
---
Bryan Quick