Re: [PARPORT] Need help with PLIP in laptop.

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 13:54:57 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Roberto Jimeno wrote:

> Ping on this side of the interface works fine, but ping to the
> other side loses 100% of the messages. I'm using a laplink cable.

When you say 'works fine', what do you mean? What exactly are you doing
that works? If you're pinging 127.0.0.1, it doesn't really tell us much
that it works..

Are there any interesting kernel log messages (use dmesg)?