[PARPORT] Need safe installation procedures...

Kit Lo (kitlo@hotmail.com)
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:08:35 EST

I have just installed RH Linux (version 6.1, upgraded to 2.2.14 kernel), and
I am planning to get my HP ScanJet 5100C parallel port scanner. I have read
the pages on the ppSCSI stuff, and I am aware of what I need for the scanner
to run (the epst protocol module). However, I am not sure if the
ppSCSI-0.91.patch will work in kernel 2.2.14. I am also using modules for
my sound card (Sound Blaster Live!) and my graphics card (3dfx Voodoo3 2000
-- the module for /dev/3dfx). What can I do to install the ppSCSI stuff
without trashing my sound and graphics modules (and everything else I have
modularized)?

Thanks in advance.