[PARPORT] Attempting to use Parallel Port

Craig Muth (mediag@mediageneration.com)
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 13:01:20 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

Thanks for the replies to my first email. My project has become slightly
more involved, and I now need to write to and read from pins
simultaneously. I have looked around and Identified the pins I will use,
but I can't seem to find anything about how to access the parallel port
with Linux. On the PC side, one can read directly from the port with
commands in interpreted languages such as GWBasic, but I cant find
anything about how to do it under Linux.

A few replies suggested I use inp outp i86.h. I guessed that those were C
headder files, but I've looked around and can't find anything about them
nor about the ppdev device driver. Thanks for any help.

--Craig Muth