RE: [PARPORT] Sharing a parallel port

Michael Eyrich (michey@prz.tu-berlin.de)
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 13:17:20 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, marcel pol wrote:

|Hi,
|
|A bit of a late reaction.
|
|On 14-Jan-00 Jeffrey J. Jenkins wrote:
|> I am running RH6.1 (2.2.12).
|> The printer was functioning before installing the sg, ppscsi, and onspec

|> I don't know much about the parallel/scsi interface and didn't see
|> anything in the archive or various help files that I've found online about
|> parallel devices under Linux. From what I understand the parport mod
|> should allow sharing of a parallel port. This was already loaded when I
|> checked with lsmod. Could parport_probe (which is also loaded) be causing
|> the problem?

I've put

alias scanner epst
pre-install epst /sbin/modprobe -r lp ; /sbin/modprobe -a sg ppscsi
post-install epst /sbin/modprobe lp

in /etc/conf.modules. It looks like lp.o has to be installed after epst.o
and ppscsi.o.

--
Michael Eyrich                                        PRZ,  TU-Berlin
michey@prz.tu-berlin.de                               meyrich@acm.org