Re: [PARPORT] Backpack cd-rwriter problems.

Ken Hahn (kenh@micro-solutions.com)
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 16:20:50 -0600

Hi. Let's see if we can fix this! :)

----- Original Message -----
From: Iftikhar Rathore <rathore@ns.compunetservices.com>

> I have a backpack cd-rewriter (Model 190130). It works on windows
> machines. I have tried using it on, multiple linux machines with parallel
> ports set to bidirection, and EPP. I have tried it on kernel 2.2.13 and
> 2.3.34. On IBM 300PL and Dell machines. Please tell me what should I
> do to debug this, because the parameter verbose does not do anything.
Um the 190130 is, as called at MicroSolutions, a 6-series chip. The Driver
that comes with the linux kernel supports only 5-series chips; however there
is a
binary module, adapted from the MicroSolutions windows driver, that is
available
from MicroSolutions:

http://www.micro-solutions.com/software_library/index.html

it's under the heading "BACKPACK-LINUX-MODULE-1.0.0.TGZ" under the secion
"Utilities and Misc."

It works in place of the bpck protocol module.
It has a README included with it once you untar/gz it.

Hope this helps.

-Ken Hahn