[PARPORT] Problem with writing anything to parport

Michael Fischer (mifi@eikon.tum.de)
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:39:14 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

I'm using kernel 2.2.6 (Suse 6.0-Distribution)

I can't manage to write anything to the parport

If I try "cat >/dev/parport0" or "cat >/dev/lp0" (or other numbers)
it always says "Operation not permitted"

Also a low-level approach with a C-Programm with "outp" doesn't run,
because he doesn't find the library, where "outp" can be found.
It seems as if there's no library for "asm/io.h"

Does anybody have a working short programm for it or any other advice?

Thanks
Michael

                           \\///
                          ( 0 0 )