[PARPORT] EPAT and newer 2.3.4x kernels...

From: Erik Inge Bolsų (knan@mo.himolde.no)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 15:09:59 EST

    Greets.

    I can confirm that there is a problem with EPAT and recent v2.3 kernels.
    It oops()ed on me whenever I tried using it in 2.3.45, and continue to do
    so or worse in 2.3.49pre2.

    Last time I tried it rebooted my machine immediately upon accessing
    something on the parallel port disk. Mind, it let me mount it and ls it
    ... but mpg123ing something on it or copying a few megabytes of data
    causes bad things to happen every time.

    I'll try to diagnose it further.

    It is no SMP problem, by the way - I run an uniprocessor kernel on an
    uniprocessor machine.

    --
    Erik I. Bolsų <knan at mo.himolde.no> | <eriki at himolde.no>
    .. student of IT administration at Molde College, Norway.