[PARPORT] Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 14:29:00 -0800

From: Chandan Mishra (Chandan.Mishra@efi.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 17:29:20 EST

    Hi,

    I am trying to drive parallel port in ECP mode using ppdev driver on kernel
    version 2.3.42. I am trying to use DMA.

    I loaded driver as follows:

    insmod parport

    insmod parport_pc dma=auto

    insmod ppdev

    I am enclosing the program with this email. With ths program I am getting
    very slow speeds something in order of 50KBPS. If I use compatibily mode
    instead of ECP I get speeds upto 340KBPS. I dont know how to enable DMA for
    ECP mode. I have tried giving dma=1 parameter instead of dma=auto but it
    didnt help. Can somebody give me any clue.

    Also another thing whenever I try, irq=auto option, I am unable to write in
    ECP mode and dmesg log shows up following.

    FIFO write timed out
    parport0: FIFO is stuck
    FIFO write timed out
    parport0: FIFO is stuck

    Can someone give me some suggestions or clues? Can it be related to my PC or
    the printer side?

    Thanks,

    chandan

    chandan mishra