[PARPORT] EPAT/PD and newer kernels followup

From: Erik Inge Bolsų (knan@mo.himolde.no)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 13:33:12 EST

    Greets, Tim and others.

    Details of my setup: K6-II, Advansys scsi, parallel port set to ECP mode
    (I know that's not optimal for EPAT, but it has worked before). Devfs
    enabled.

    Did a little more experimenting with EPAT + PD in kernel 2.3.49pre1 today.
    A log message I got, without taking the computer down with it this time:

    Mar 7 20:03:16 frankenstein kernel: pda: OUCH: b_reqnext != NULL
    Mar 7 20:03:17 frankenstein last message repeated 46 times

    A PD bug? Or is that assertion failure the lower-level protocol's fault?

    The next time I tried, it panicked, dumped a screenful of traceback (more
    than 50 lines) that seemed, judging by the addresses, to be in an infinite
    loop. Then the interrupt handler was killed so that I have no log of the
    incident. (Sorry, no serial console to capture such things handy)

    Sysrq-K in this state caused an immediate reboot.

    --
    Erik I. Bolsų <knan at mo.himolde.no> | <eriki at himolde.no>
    .. student of IT administration at Molde College, Norway.