[PARPORT] Installation question

From: Richard Banks (rbanks@arel.com.au)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 18:16:19 EST

    Hi,

    I am trying to install RH6.0 via a Backpack Bantam PC/CD drive and I am not getting the device recognized.

    I am using the boot image for RH6.0 from Bill Nottingham and when asked for the drive type I select autoprobe and get nothing.

    So next, I try specify options, and enter drive0=0x378,1,33 (last two numbers of the serial) and still nothing happens. The cd drive uses a series 6 driver.

    I can't figure out what is going wrong. Can you help at all?

    Regards,
       Richard Banks.