[PARPORT] Microtech XpressSCSI Support

From: James Boyd (jamesb@nortelnetworks.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 03:04:36 EST

    Greetings!

    New to the list; I have a question.

    Is the Microtech XpressSCSI paraport-SCSI adaptor supported by linux
    drivers?
    My device's manual is copyright dated as 1997.
    The end connector is Centronics (SCSI-1)
    I'm thinking that I may have to grab a driver written for another adaptor;
    and there are 6 to choose from:

      t348: a protocol module for the APA-348 and T348
      t358: a protocol module for the APA-358 and T358
      epsa2: a protocol module for the (old) Shuttle EPSA-2
      epst: a protocol module for the Shuttle EPST and APA-1350
      onscsi: a protocol module for the OnSpec 90c26
      sparcsi: a protocol module for the SparCSI and ParaSCSI

    I'd like to perform an install of Linux on my 486 laptop using an external
    SCSI CD-ROM drive.

    Any suggestions would be helpful!

    Thanks!
    JHB