[PARPORT] parport problems

From: matt (raas@mail2.screaming.net)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 13:51:44 EST

    hello
    im running redhat 6.1 and have probs with the parport.
    i cant get it to print anything to my printer.
    ive been told that this is a bug with redhat and to fix it i should add a
    line to my conf.modules file in /etc

     alias parport_lowlevel parport_p

    ive done this, but nothing happens.
    i do get some errrors at boot up,
    when finding modules dependancies starts it pauses for a couple of secs,
    then says something about
    error reading elf header. about 4 times

    can someone tell me where to find what its haveing problems with? and how
    to fix it?
    is this to do with the printer?

    thanks for any help!
    matt venn