Re: [PARPORT] It there a generic Parallel Port Sniffer

From: Grahame M. Kelly (gmkelly@zip.com.au)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 01:52:13 EST

    Hi Guys.

    I and others in SLUG are into reverse engineering protocol(s) on some
    of the newer products (eg: MPEG solid state players) that use parallel
    port for I/O (its legal to do so in Australia) to build Open Source
    replacements. We have two products that we wish to tackle
    presently and I am wondering if there are any parallel port sniffers
    that run under Linux that we can use. We have tried to use Win4L and
    Wine but the newer Windoze stuff uses VDX, DLL and other mechainism
    that defy our initiatives (most manufactures no longer just
    distribute .exe applications).

    Any assistance appreciated.
    Thanks Grahame.

    --