Re: [PARPORT] ECP read - FIFO/DMA

From: Uwe Klein (uwe-klein@foni.net)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 10:13:31 EST

    Richard Stover wrote:

    > On my own project, we need to run at something close to
    > the rated 2 megabyte/sec capacity of ECP mode. But the
    > dma hardware seems to run at 2 microseconds/byte on the

    1.6 .. 2.0 µs
    this is about what we get with std onboard PC Hardware
    FIFO 1 Byte wide / seems to go through the ISA Bus
    and Readout of a Spectrometer through a selfmade
    ECP Box <-> 32Bit Parallel Interface

    With a little Hardware Bug ( that somehow disconnected the FIFO )
    i got it Handshaking at ~ 0.5 .. 0.6 µs

    ??? What FIFO Width have the addon Cards for PCI? anybody in the know??

    G!
    UK

    --
    Uwe Klein [mailto:uwe-klein@foni.net]